Hola mis amigos de blogs!! That’s right, I’m back from a much needed getaway — 5 fabulous days in Puerto Rico and 5 amazing days in St. Thomas! I had hoped to be blogging this real time for you all but unfortunately I left my iPad camera adapter at the house! Despite my best tries — I always leave something!!
Anyway, this was my first trip to this beautiful island. And while I have always heard amazing things about it and was super stoked to go — actually being there far exceeded my expectations! I can only describe San Juan as simply breathtaking. There is so much culture in the city:
great shopping at local shops like Hecho a Mano (I’m wearing a cute skirt that I picked up from there in my last photo)
and such amazing people! I truly loved being in the city. I felt so at home there. The city just comes alive and the spirit is so infectious! 5 days just wasn’t enough to take it all in honestly (which = planning more trips back right now).
In terms of attire, I decided to keep it fairly simple. My essentials:
- Hat. If you’ve been following the blog from the beginning then you know a hat is a standard staple for me while on vacation… in particular near water. It’s an easy fix for hot and humid temps and keeps the sun off your face.
- Cross body purse. Must have to keep your personal items close to you.
- Tanks/Tees. Lightweight cotton items definitely help with the heat.
- Shorts. No need to explain further.
- Summer Dresses and Skirts. A definite for any beach getaway.
What I’m Wearing: Loft Tank, Loft Shorts, Vintage Gucci Boston Purse, Franco Sarto Sandals, Free Authority Fedora
Where Am I: Puerto Rico of course!!!!
Here are a few other highlights…
Look out for my next post on St. Thomas!
And on a final note…. I was asked to consult on a recent style article on the one piece bathing suit trend in the Charlotte Observer. Check it out when you get a moment!