Well, this post is probably a month or more overdue. Things have been crazy lately — every week has found me running around like mad just trying to get everything done. Translation = I’ve neglected some things. If only there were 28 hours in a day… I mean, I’m confident I could get everything done then.
Anyway, over the past few weeks I have had the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by 3 very gracious bloggers. I was (and am) extremely flattered of course. It’s always cool to receive an award, right? But I think I find these nominations so special because I am so new to the blogging world — it’s so rewarding for fellow bloggers to acknowledge your blog and bring attention to it. It’s a good, validating feeling – you think, maybe I am doing something right with this after all!
So, a huge shout out to April from the The Fancy Lady, Ryna at TheVivaciousChic and Amy from Crocs Are Awful. Please be sure to check out their blogs. They each have their own unique take on fashion (as we all do of course) and offer some great fashion tips and ideas.
Now, for the rules….
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
Eleven facts about me:
- One of my favorite all time movies is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I’ve watched it like a gazillion times.
- My birthday is next week and I’ll be 39. I always get super excited for my birthday no matter how old I am! Of course because it’s the best day ever. It’s like your own personal holiday.
- I really can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. I prefer Pepsi.
- My younger brother and sister in law are expecting their first baby in January. I can’t wait, I’m already buying stuff. Like “Greatest Aunt Ever” Onesies!
- I have a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do. Of course, I haven’t done anything with it in like 5 years but I do have it!
- If there is a Law&Order marathon on tv — I’m watching it.
- If I could be an athlete, I’d run track and field. I’m so fascinated by the speed. Amazing.
- I played the saxophone in the band during school.
- Right now my playlist is a rotation of Usher, Rihanna, Adele and Kanye West.
- I just got the new iPhone 5 yesterday. Loving it. Siri and I are BFF’s.
- I’ve fallen in love with Bond No. 9 Perfume. Madison Square Park. The smell is intoxicating.
Questions from Amy – Crocs Are Awful:
- If you could go back in time what era would you pick and why? Probably the 70’s. Such a revolutionary time – so much change. And of course, for the fashion.
- If you had to be part of a girly pop band what one would it be and why? Destiny’s Child. Positive image and lyrics. They’ve always had it together. And how can you pass up the chance to work with Beyonce?
- Can you bake your favourite cake? I can, the question is… would it taste good??
- What is your TV guilty pleasure? Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. Mindless reality TV but it is SO entertaining!
- What is your earliest fashion memory? Wow… this is a hard one. I remember my Mom giving me one of her Aigner handbags when I was maybe 12 or 13 and being super excited. It was probably my first real experience with a “designer” item.
- Do you belong to a big social group or lots of smaller ones? Lots of smaller ones. I am an introvert by nature so I’m more comfortable in smaller more intimate settings.
- Who are you closest to in life? This one is hard. I would say probably my Mom or my brother.
- How do you relax? Shopping!
- Given the choices of country break, city break or beach holiday which would you pick and why? Beach holiday. I love the water. There is something so peaceful about a day on the beach – just listening to the waves crash. It’s my perfect getaway.
- Where is your least favourite place to spend time? The doctor’s office. I always have major anxiety, no matter why I am there.
- What is the most expensive cosmetic you have ever bought, then never really used!? Probably perfume… I’ve purchased some rather expensive ones — only to find after a couple of tries — that I really don’t like them. Bummer…
My questions for my nominees:
- If you could go back in time and meet any one person, who would it be and why?
- What is your biggest fear?
- How do you define fashion?
- What is your favorite destination and why?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
- Who is your favorite designer and why?
- If you could live in any city in the world, where would that be?
- Which is your favorite holiday of the year?
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
- What is your go to look to wear out for a night of fun?
- What is your favorite animal?
- Chic in Disguise
- Vodka Infused Lemonade
- Always Fashionably Kate
- Good Rubber Bands
- The Button Up Blog
- Maxx and CoCo
- a la Clarice
- Closet Strategy
Pass on the love everyone!!